Becoming a Bingo Chat Host
If online bingo is in your blood, then a job as a chat host could be your calling.
When you play with Mecca Bingo, you will likely spot the great work done by our Chat Moderators (CMs) in the online forums. If their friendly approach and your interaction with them inspires you to join our trusty team of Chat Moderators (also known as “CHs”, short for “Chat Host”), you’ll be pleased to know it couldn’t be easier to follow in their footsteps – all you need is an understanding of the rules, as well as a knack for great customer service.
Here’s a breakdown of some of the qualities we look for in our best chat hosts:
- Friendly – If you want to make a good impression and keep the players in the chat rooms for longer, you need to be approachable and friendly. Players are unlikely to ask for your help if you’re not easy to talk to.
- Patient – You may have had a smooth ride from beginner to mastermind but for some, the journey isn’t quite as easy. You need to be prepared to help players with any type of query or issue no matter how time-consuming it might be.
- Imaginative – The great thing about chat games is that they give players the chance to win free bonuses and participate in fun, crazy events. The more imaginative and entertaining you are as a chat host, the more people will recognise you and enjoy their games with you in the hot seat.
- Hold A Conversation – Chat hosts are expected to exactly that – chat. You will be engaging and chatty with all players and able to control and carry a conversation will mean that everyone in the room gets involved and has fun.
Interested in making the move from player to moderator? See what it takes to become a Mecca Bingo chat host, below.
What is a chat game?
Chat games are similar to playing in a hall, the main difference being that players can’t physically see each other.
Everyone’s free to talk back and forth in either a group or private chat, whilst continuing to play their cards. If you’re unsure what kind of chat games are available, you can familiarise yourself with them, below:
Buddy chat games are where you pair up with a fellow player (a “roomie”), or groups of other players, with the intention of sharing a prize.
Trivia and themed chat games challenge players to answer several general quiz questions. They’re extremely fast-paced: the first one to answer the host’s questions is deemed to be the winner.
Number chat games are all about predicting which ball will come next. The first player to predict the next number the chat host calls out gets the win!
What is a chat host?
A chat host takes on a similar role to an old-fashioned caller but in a virtual environment. They’re there to listen, moderate the action, entertain players, offer guidance or assistance when necessary, and announce any promotions.
As well as knowing online rules like the back of their hand, chat moderators must behave in a professional manner. Assisting players is a CM’s main responsibility, so a person who is conscientious and patient is essential. Taking your time to understand the issues and queries that players have and offering clear and polite advice is key to becoming a great CM.
As conversations tend to flow at a fast pace, chat hosts must be adept at maintaining focus throughout the game. Where conversation moves away from the game, CMs must also be able to resolve disputes while remaining impartial.
Being tech-savvy, having a good understanding of how our site works (along with the Terms and Conditions), and simply being able to type quickly and accurately are some of the more important skills any super-duper chat host needs. The more you know and understand about the rules, the easier it becomes to enforce them while remaining cool, calm and collected.
If you get really good at it, you could be in charge of more than one chat room at a time – so being a great multi-tasker is a plus!
What is Great About Being a Chat Host?
You might think people become chat hosts just for the conversation, and this is true in some cases, but there are paid positions out there too – you just need to keep your eyes peeled and make sure you’re always striving to be the host with the most.
If you do end up with a paid role then you’re in for an even better time. After all, working as a CH or CM means working from the comfort of your own home, fitting your work hours around the rest of your schedule. Also, if you think about it, you’re really being paid to play online.
One of the greatest parts of being a chat host is that it places you at the heart of the community. Your job is all about maintaining a lively and thriving community while maximising the fun and excitement for all involved. What you’re doing in the end, is having fun and helping your community to have as much fun as they can too – you will make plenty of friends along the way and maybe even learn a few things about yourself as a player, leader and a host.
New players who come into the community will also be looking to you as an inspiration and a guide to help them find their voice at the table, so creating a relaxed and engaging environment is key to potentially winning an award for best CH.
To summarise, a great Mecca chat host must possess the following characteristics:
- Calm, patient demeanor – A little patience, kindness, and politeness goes a long way.
- Understand Mecca’s rules – We are all here to have fun, but in line with the rules.
- A real people person – Your community needs to feel welcome and comfortable with you.
- Can remain impartial – Unbiased moderation means you are being fair.
- Good at multitasking – Managing multiple chats and assisting multiple people at a time.
- Speedy keyboard skills – Keep the conversation flowing and nobody waiting on responses.
- Tech-savvy – know your way around the chat rooms and you will have complete control.
Do you have what it takes to be a Mecca Bingo chat moderator? If the answer is yes, get in touch with our team!
Hello iv been interested in becoming a Chat Host for awhile now….could i have some more info please….do i get paid etc?
hi, i would love to join the role of being a mecca bingo chat host. I have previous experience with disputes therefore i can handle and keep the chat calm and exiting. Im flexible to work during the day or night. i would love to show my skills and try out the job. I am currently living in York.
Hi I’m interested could you give me all the information I need to get started please
Hi! I am interested of becoming a bingo chat moderator. How to apply?
id love to become a chat host playing games with my roomies and generally making sure everyone is abiding by all the rules but also having a awesome time while doing it
I am interested, can I have more information or what is next step in process, please?
Hi ya I would love to join your team for the Mecca bingo chat host. I would absolutely love it and the people would enjoy me being in there chat room I would make up some quizzes for them, be friendly, have a laugh keep them entertained
Good afternoon, I am very interested in becoming a bingo chat host. I currently work for a chat site but in the past I have organised quiz and games nights for a very busy restaurant which I loved. Hope to hear from you.
I’d love to become a cm keep me going I love to chat and meet new people
My name is Tania, I use to work as a bingo chat host (CH), I would love to be a CH again. I use to work for MGS.
I have previous experience, I would like to chat host again
Hi I would love to be a chat moderator. Can I have more information on how to apply as your contact us link does not work?
Hey i would love to become a chat moderator please could I have more information how I can join your amazing team