Happy Friday everyone! Which means we’ve got another tasty recipe lined up for you. Fancy something different this weekend?
With a sizzling summer upon us, what better than an easy-to-cook light and healthy yet filling dish, with a sprinkle of chorizo for that added Spanish vibe?
What’s more, today’s recipe from Richard, in our creative department, can be enjoyed hot or cold for lunch or dinner. And if you remove the chorizo, then voila, you’ve got yourself a fun and vibrant veggie dish!
Richard’s Kale and Chorizo bakeCourse: DinnerCuisine: SpanishDifficulty: Easy
150g Pearl Barley
350ml chicken stock
2 sweet potatoes
1 red onion
4 cloves of garlic
1 tablespoon olive oil
300g kale leaves
Salt & pepper
- Pre-heat your oven to 160c fan / 180c.
- Dice up the sweet potatoes into chunks or cubes
- Cut and quarter the red onion and roughly tear or chop the kale
- Dig out a roasting tin and mix together well the pearl barley, sweet potatoes, onion, garlic and chicken stock in the din. Drizzle olive oil over the chorizo and scatter over the dish.
- Wrap the roasting tin tightly with tin foil and cook for 1 hour.
- Remove the foil, stir in the kale, add salt and pepper, and enjoy!