Are you ready for a summer of love? Your weekly Mecca #GossipAlert has had a Love Island makeover! This means for the next month, as one of the hottest reality TV shows graces our screens again, we’ll be taking a deep dive into the hot and steamy Love Island gossip instead of your usual celebrity and news round-up. The show is set to start on Monday the 28th (tomorrow!), so this week we’ll be looking at what we can expect when the show lands on our screens in all its high-heeled, fake tanned, white teethed glory.
A look at the first 2021 Islanders
There are 11 contestants heading into the villa on Monday so here’s a small re-cap on the sizzling singles:
- Sharon Gaffka, a civil servant from Oxford who didn’t tell her job she was quitting to head into the Villa (surprise!) and said she loves a tall guy (surprise x2!).
- Aaron Francis, a model and luxury events host from London has said that his type is someone who is really passionate about what they do. Interesting.
- Liberty Poole, a 21-year old from Birmingham, is a waitress at Nando’s and a marketing student and says she’s looking for a “nice guy”. Not sure you’ll find that in the Villa!
- Hugo Hammond, a secondary school PE teacher from Hampshire, says he has been single for a while and sees the opportunity as the chance to have “a really fun summer”. We bet he will.
- Shannon Singh, a model from Fife, Shannon says she doesn’t feed off looks, she prefers energy and personality. Good job you’re in a villa full of good looking people then.
- Jake Cornish, a water engineer from Weston-Super-Mare that’s main goal is to find someone that’s “loyal”. Hmm.
- Kaz Kamwi, a fashion influencer from Essex, Kaz says she’s ready for a relationship but thinks of life as a party as she is definitely “not the mum of the group”!
- Brad McClelland, a labourer from Northumberland, pretty much just named his type as “Megan Fox”. Not sure she was available for this year’s Love Island, but we’ll see.
- Chloe Burrows, a Financial Services Marketing Executive from Bicester who says she wants someone that won’t ditch her. Aim high, Chloe.
- Toby Aromolaran, a semi-pro footballer from Essex who describes himself as a “responsible guy” and says he wants someone who always sees the bright side of life.
- Faye Winter, a Letting Manger from Devon who says she’s like a “5 year old in a playground” with “terrible flirting skills”. We can’t wait to see that.
What we can expect from this year
Although every year is different and it’s hard to make predications, there are a few things that we can expect after the show’s year hiatus since the winter version in January 2020. For one, we know the show will be taking place in Spain as per usual, but a lot of the production will be in London, including Ian Stirling’s famous voiceover. One amazing thing is that ITV have promised that there is going to be much more mental heath support this year after concerns in recent years about the welfare of the show’s contestants – something we’re super happy about. Casa Amore has also been confirmed despite rumours that it was going to be axed and Laura Whitmore is confirmed as the host for the third season running.
Are you as excited as we are for another summer of “mugging off”, being pulled for a chat and finding love (or, at least, £50,000)? Drop us a comment or let us know on social media if you’re getting ready to watch Love Island or giving it a miss this year. And, of course, keep an eye out for next week’s #GossipAlert where we’ll be analysing the first week in Majorca with the new Islanders.