Playing for fun online is your best bet
The saying goes “winners know when to quit”, but it’s also important for those who lose to know when to quit too. Gambling is a fun way to spend your leisure time and shouldn’t be anything more than that. But we do understand that everyone can get caught up in the moment at times, which is why we are committed to helping you keep it fun by offering you a safe and responsible online platform as well as support.
We have a number of tools in place on our website that you can use to ensure your playing time is nothing but fun! Have you tried any of these yet?
- Deposit limits
- Game session reminders or “reality checks” from every 15 minutes to an hour
- The ‘Take a break’ feature that locks your account from 24 hours to 6 months
- Or the longer-version, the ‘Self-exclusion’ feature that locks your account from 6 months to 5 years
If you’d prefer to chat with someone (a human and not a robot), we also have a dedicated safer gambling team that you can reach 24 hours a day.
What to look out for
Is gambling no longer fun for you? Have a read through the questions below and if you answer ‘yes’ to any of them, you may be developing some unhealthy habits. Being aware of them is the first step to taking control, finding the enjoyment again, or realising that you need could do with a break.
- Have you bet more than you could really afford to lose?
- Have you needed to gamble with larger amounts of money to get the same feeling of excitement?
- Have you gambled to win back money you’ve lost?
- Have you borrowed money or sold anything to gamble?
- Have you ever felt you might have a problem with gambling?
- Have people criticised your betting or told you that you had a gambling problem, whether or not you thought it was true?
- Have you ever felt guilty about the way you gamble or what happens when you gamble?
- Has your gambling caused you any health problems, including stress or anxiety?
- Has your gambling caused any financial problems for you or your household?
If you’ve accepted that you have a problem, there are ways of addressing it – and we’re here to help you every step of the way. You can start by implementing some of our useful tools that we mentioned above, or try speaking to trusted friends and family, our support team, or one of these credible agencies:
Freephone helpline: 0808 8020 133
Gamblers Anonymous (GA)
The Gordon Moody Association Ltd
Telephone: 01384 241292
The National Problem Gambling Clinic
Telephone: 020 7381 7722
National Debt Line
Telephone: 0808 808 4000