Ella’s Flourless Banana Pancakes Recipe
Friday is here once again and it’s our favourite day for two reasons: it’s the start of the weekend and it means it’s time for another mouth-watering recipe!
This week, Ella from our Creative Team is showing us how to create Flourless Banana Pancakes. This recipe is so delicious it could be eaten for dessert, but because of the healthier ingredients it also makes a great breakfast for the whole family. The hardest decision will be deciding which toppings to have – but if you can’t choose, Ella has told us that her favourites are Greek yoghurt, berries, peanut butter and a drizzle of honey!
Ella’s Flourless Banana Pancakes RecipeCourse: Breakfast or DessertCuisine: AmericanDifficulty: Easy
1 ripe banana
25g of rolled oats
¼ of baking powder
Your toppings of choice
- Blend the banana, eggs, oats and baking power in a blender until it makes a batter – if you don’t have a blender you can even use oats that already come finely ground and mash them together
- Heat up a frying pan with cooking spray, margarine or butter depending on preference
- Drop in some of the batter using a ladle and cook until it forms bubbles on one side (around 3 minutes) then flip to cook the other side (around 2 minutes)
- Repeat with the remaining batter until you have a stack of fluffy pancakes!
- Top with whatever you fancy – yoghurt, nuts, fruit, chocolate spread, maple syrup… The possibilities are endless!