It’s Friday and you know what that means… another fantastic recipe from Mecca Bingo and 60 recipes for 60 years. This week the recipe comes from Kelly, who works right here on the Mecca Blog!
With summer fast approaching she thought she would share her delicious take on the infamous Jamaican Jerk BBQ chicken. And boy are we glad she did. With Summer fast approaching, it’s time to dust off those BBQ’s (or even make your own – you can see how to here on our recent Arts and Crafts post) and get sizzling!
Please do share with us your own BBQ recipes and attempts at this immense and classic dish below in the comments or on Social Media. We can’t wait to see your results.
So, let’s get cooking…
Kelly’s Summer Jamaican Jerk BBQ ChickenCourse: DinnerCuisine: BBQDifficulty: Medium
Ingredients – for the marinade
2 scotch bonnet peppers – choose the amount to your taste as these are hot, hot, hot!
approx 1/3 of a cup of soy sauce
2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon black pepper
1 tablespoon brown sugar
2 tablespoon vegetable oil
1/2 cup orange juice
2 cloves garlic
1 teaspoon grated ginger
2 teaspoon ground allspice
1 teaspoon nutmeg and cinnamon
- OTHER INGREDIENTS
Your selection of chicken –
Chicken legs/drumsticks or thighs work best. But this is also great on a whole chicken or chicken breasts
- FOR THE MARINADE
- Chop and then blend all your ingredients together. This will then form a thick marinade. You can keep this sealed in the fridge or even freeze for when you want to use it.
- FOR THE CHICKEN
- Coat your chicken in the marinade and keep refrigerated for at least 2 hours before cooking
- You can then cook the chicken in the oven or on the BBQ (whichever you prefer)
- Depending on your choice of cooking method and the cut of chicken, this should take around 40 minutes
- Throughout the cooking process be sure to baste the chicken in the marinade to keep that glossy coat and to prevent the chicken from drying out!