It’s Friday again, which means it’s time for another delicious recipe!
This week’s treat comes to you from Mollie, one of our friendly chat hosts based in our Sheffield office.
Looking for that chocolate fix? Then this is the recipe for you. These scrumptious brownies are dairy-free but certainly aren’t taste-free!
Mollie told us “Dairy isn’t really my friend, but I’m a big chocolate-lover, so I wanted to find a way to enjoy tasty brownies whilst skipping the dairy and this recipe has proved a real winner – my mates love them too!”
CH Mollie’s Dairy-Free BrowniesCourse: Snack, DessertCuisine: Dairy FreeDifficulty: Easy
12 tablespoons of dairy free butter
200 grams of dark chocolate chips
1 egg yolk
1 cup cocoa powder
half a cup of coffee
1/3 cup plain flour
1 cup of brown sugar
¾ cup of white sugar
A pinch of salt
- Preheat oven to 175 degrees C. Line a brownie tin.
- Melt 12 tablespoons of butter in a pan. Once the butter has melted take off the heat.
- Add sugar to the butter and mix for 1 -2 minutes until it’s a smooth consistency.
- Add eggs and the yolk, one at a time, stir and add a pinch of salt.
- Add half cup of coffee and stir.
- Add cocoa powder, flour and chocolate chips, stir until everything mixed.
- Add batter to the tin and cook for around 35-40 minutes until the edge has shrunk away from tin edge.
- Do not cut until batter is fully cool.
That’s dessert sorted for this weekend!