60 Recipes for 60 Years – Mundeep’s Cheesy Veggie Bake
Another week, another recipe.
This week, Mundeep from our social media team is up with her cheesy, veggie bake. It’s one for the vegetarians out there, but could be used as a side for the meat eaters amongst us.
Mundeep said of her recipe “I have recently been inspired by David Attenborough and turned veggie – so to get my meat loving family on board, I had to mix up some family favourites and make them into delicious dinners”
Mundeep’s Cheesy Veggie BakeCourse: MainCuisine: VegetarianDifficulty: Easy
150g Cauliflower – broken into florets
150g Broccoli – broken into florets
150g Parsnips – cubed
150g Carrots – cubed
100g Peppers – cubed
150g Mushrooms – sliced
2 tbsp butter or vegetarian margarine
2 garlic clove – crushed
3 tbsp – plain flour
½ pint of milk
75g of cheddar cheese
2 tbsp paprika
2 tbsp chopped fresh basil
Salt and pepper
Basil to garnish
- Cook the cauliflower, broccoli, parsnips and carrots in a saucepan of boiling water for 10 minutes – drain well and reserve.
- To make the sauce, melt the butter in saucepan and cook the spinach and garlic for 1 minute. Add the flour and cook for 1 minute. Remove the pan from the heat and gradually stir in the milk and 50g of the cheese, the paprika and basil. Return the pan to the heat and bring to the boil while stirring. Season with salt and pepper to your taste.
- Pour the cauliflower, broccoli, parsnips, carrots, mushrooms and peppers into a deep ovenproof dish and pour the sauce over the veggies and sprinkle the cheese on top.
- Cook in a pre-headed oven, 180 degrees for 20 minutes or until the veggies are cooked through and the cheese is golden brown and bubbling.
- Garnish and serve immediately.
Sounds delicious Mundeep, I know what we are doing this weekend!