We’ve all had that thought, should I try a vegetarian diet? For most of us it is a split second thought and then we realise we just couldn’t miss out on our morning bacon sandwich!
Keeping this in mind, us here at Mecca Bingo thought that it might be fun to put you in the middle of this dilemma. So, where do you stand? Have you banned meats and eggs from your daily diet? Or, are you 110% a carnivore?
Take the quiz below to find out if being a vegetarian is a ‘hot or not’ choice for you!
How did you do? We’d love to hear your results below in the comments section. Now that you know which side of the fence you stand on when it comes to
Why You Should Say YES To a Vegetarian Diet?
- A low, animal-protein-based diet means a low risk of problems related to high animal protein diets such as osteoporosis and kidney failure.
- Vegetarians diets contain a high level of antioxidants such as vitamin C and E.
- Less saturated fats on the plate!
Why Should You Say YES To a Meat based Diet?
- Proteins mean energy! Meat, Fish, and Eggs are a good source of protein.
- Vitamin B12 and iron are in abundance in fish, eggs, milk, and meat. They help with the creation of red blood cells and nerve fibres. Lack of these nutrients leads to iron deficiency and anaemia.
- Apparently, a diet consisting of seafood is known to sharpen intellect and promote the smooth functioning of our brain. This would suggest that non-veggies might be smarter… (So next time you find yourself feeling a little sillier than usual… go and have some fish!)
Then you have vegans… vegans, on the other hand, do not consume any products that have had the involvement of animals. This includes milk, cheese and even honey. Did you know that there’s a charity that inspires people to try a vegan lifestyle during the month of January? Find out all about Veganuary on our exclusive blog!
Obviously, resorting to a vegetarian or meat based diet will not guarantee that you will have a happy, healthy life. You need to move it, move it… you need to MOVE IT! Yes, you’ll need to add a dash of exercise as well!